Floral Designer and Event Planner Extraordinaire
My name is Karen Ellis, and floral design and event planning are my passion. That’s why I wanted to stay fully focused and those two things. Managing a retail store did not fit into my plans. Instead, I opted to work out of my studio in Kendal on an appointment-only basis for my clients in the Toronto area.
What to expect when you come to my studio
You will find a rustic cabin – complete with sofas and a wood-burning stove – in the beautiful rolling hills of Kendal, at the foot of the Ganaraska Forest, Clarington.
You will be served snacks and beverages and have my full attention. You will then receive a quotation by email that you’ll find more than competitive in your area.
What the world thinks of Inspirational Floral Designs
- I was thrilled to be chosen by Blue Rodeo, Canada’s top country music band, to design the floral rose bouquet used to create the cover for their album “Left Behind”.
- My business was featured in the July/August 2005 issue of East of the City magazine. Click here to read the article.
To make an appointment, call me at 905-260-3787 or visit my contact page to email me and to see my business hours. My consultation fee is fully refundable against your order. I look forward to working with you to make your special day an event to remember.
I earned my Floral Design Diploma with highest honours and have been in business since 1998. In addition, I have certificates in:
- Wedding Design
- Sympathy Design
- Business & Shop Operations
I also study the latest American and European design trends for the bride and groom by taking ongoing workshops.
- Know your budget and stay within it
- Pick a theme that reflects your own unique style
- Centerpieces can be small and elegant without the outrageous cost
- Nothing creates ambience like candlelight
- A few carefully chosen pieces can make all the difference
- Using fresh flower petals can stain carpets as well as your beautiful gown
- Talk to me, your designer, about yourself. Tell me about your hobbies, favourite colours, what you like and don’t like
- Keep an open mind to suggestions
- When visiting the studio, bring colour samples of all the dresses including yours
- Let me apply my creative flare to your special day and it will always be remembered for its uniqueness